What do you know about Loch Ness and its famous monster?
Read through the comprehension questions before listening to the interview.
In this interview Adrian Shine talks about Loch Ness and the Exhibition Centre. Listen to the interview, which will give you the answers to the following questions:
- What has been Adrian’s responsibility regarding the public exhibition?
- What does he say about the amount of water in Loch Ness?
- In what ways do they want to promote science at the centre?
- How many witnesses have so far claimed to have observed the monster?
- What was the importance of dragons in medieval art?
- Adrian mentions the word diaspora. What does he mean by that, and what does he say about the consequences?
- Which lake in Norway does he mention?
During this interview Adrian Shine focuses on the importance of science.
Explain the following words in English
- Food chains
- Towards the end of the interview Adrian asks the question “Is it just one big tourist rip-off?”
What is his answer to this question?
- Think through your own personal opinion about this mystery, and discuss your point of view with 2 or 3 of your fellow students
- Look up the home page of the Loch Ness Exhibition Centre and prepare a short presentation of this centre to give to a Norwegian school class travelling to Loch Ness. Loch Ness Exhibition Centre
- Find out as much as possible about Selma, the monster in the Seljord Lake and prepare a two minute introduction to a school class from Scotland visiting Seljord.
An Introduction to EnglandKjernestoff
A Closer Look at EnglandKjernestoff
An Introduction to ScotlandKjernestoff
A Closer Look at ScotlandKjernestoff
An Introduction to WalesKjernestoff
A Closer Look at WalesKjernestoff
An Introduction to Northern IrelandKjernestoff
A Closer Look at Northern IrelandKjernestoff
An Introduction to IrelandKjernestoff
Easy Text - The UKTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Easy Text - An Intro. to EnglandTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
The North - South DivideTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
The Faces of LondonTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Easy Text - An intro. to ScotlandTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Bobby - the Faithful Dog from EdinburghTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Easy Text - An intro. to WalesTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Easy Text - An intro. to Northern IrelandTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
The Troubles, Introduction - Text in BriefTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
The Troubles, History - Text in BriefTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
The Troubles, 1960s to Today - Text in BriefTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
The Orange and the GreenTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Flags in Northern IrelandTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Radio Play: Into ExileTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Frank McCourt: Angela's AshesTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
UK Quiz - General KnowledgeKjernestoff
Task - Match place and descriptionKjernestoff
Plan a Holiday in ScotlandKjernestoff
Task: Bobby - the faithful dog...Kjernestoff
Northern Ireland QuizKjernestoff
Tasks - The TroublesKjernestoff
Tasks: Into ExileKjernestoff
Task: Molly MaloneKjernestoff
Quiz Molly MaloneKjernestoff
In the Name of the Father (film)TilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill and Came Down a MountainTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Det er ikke noe kjernestoff for kildemateriale.