- Listen to Robert Frost’s reading of "The Road Not Taken" and watch Alan Bates' reading of the poem. Which reading do you prefer? Explain why? Do you prefer reading the poem yourself?
- Why do you think the poem is called “The Road Not Taken” and not “The Road Taken”?
- The narrator is out walking in the wood. However, the poem is about much more than that. How is this conveyed? Consider choice of words and imagery.
- On the internet you will find numerous videos if you search for “The Road Not Taken”. Why do you think it is so popular to make videos based on this poem? Find one or more of these videos and compare them.
- Robert Frost’s poems often epitomize American values. What are typical American values? Are some of them present in this poem?
Make your own visual presentation of the poem.
- Write a poem where you include road as a symbol.
- Pretend you are the speaker in the poem. How could you express the poem's theme in a different genre? Write a text aimed at young people about choices.
- Robert Frost (1874-1963) is a well-known American poet. Write a brief biography or make his Facebook profile.
- Write an interpretation of the poem.
National Holidays and TraditionsKjernestoff
Pledge of AllegianceKjernestoff
From Slavery To Civil RightsKjernestoff
Guns and DemocracyKjernestoff
Bowling for Columbine (film)Kjernestoff
American Car CrazeKjernestoff
Making Green ChoicesKjernestoff
An Innovative NationKjernestoff
Easy text: Typically American?TilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Easy text: African Americans - from Slavery to Civil RightsTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Easy text: Guns and DemocracyTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
The Right to Bear ArmsTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Work and Trade UnionsTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Religion and StateTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
The Secret Life of Walter MittyTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Changes, Tupac Shakur (song)TilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Task - National Holidays and traditionsKjernestoff
Tasks - Typically American?Kjernestoff
Task - Guns and DemocracyKjernestoff
Role-play: The Right to Bear ArmsKjernestoff
Crash - Working with the FilmKjernestoff
Quiz - American SportsKjernestoff
Task - Celebrity CultureKjernestoff
Task - Writing an Interview with a CelebrityKjernestoff
Task 1 - Capital PunishmentKjernestoff
Task 2 - Capital PunishmentKjernestoff
Tasks - The Secret Life of Walter MittyKjernestoff
Tasks - The Snail-WatcherKjernestoff
The Road Not Taken, Robert FrostKjernestoff
Fairytale in New York (song)TilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Det er ikke noe kjernestoff for ekstern læringsressurs.