A variety of tasks to the poem "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost.
- Listen to Robert Frost’s reading of "The Road Not Taken" and watch Alan Bates' reading of the poem. Which reading do you prefer? Explain why? Do you prefer reading the poem yourself?
- Why do you think the poem is called “The Road Not Taken” and not “The Road Taken”?
- The narrator is out walking in the wood. However, the poem is about much more than that. How is this conveyed? Consider choice of words and imagery.
- On the internet you will find numerous videos if you search for “The Road Not Taken”. Why do you think it is so popular to make videos based on this poem? Find one or more of these videos and compare them.
- Robert Frost’s poems often epitomize American values. What are typical American values? Are some of them present in this poem?
Make your own visual presentation of the poem.
- Write a poem where you include road as a symbol.
- Pretend you are the speaker in the poem. How could you express the poem's theme in a different genre? Write a text aimed at young people about choices.
- Robert Frost (1874-1963) is a well-known American poet. Write a brief biography or make his Facebook profile.
- Write an interpretation of the poem.
Sist faglig oppdatert 07.10.2018