Saving our world and making green choices starts with the decisions and priorities we make in our everyday lives. Listen to what an American teenager says about
environmental awareness in her school and local community
- List some of the steps and measures your school has taken to become more enviromentally friendly.
- If you had the power to do so, what "green choice" would you make on behalf of your school?
A brief interview with Kelly
Listen to what 17 year old Kelly has to say and then answer the tasks below.
- What does Kelly say about The USA compared to international environmental movements?
- She uses the expression “to go green”. What does she mean by that?
- What examples does she mention of environmental awareness in her school and local community?
- Acoording to Kelly, what issue is "becoming less and less ignored"?
- Have you developed any environmentally friendly habits lately?
Protecting the environment is one of the major political issues today. It is discussed in high places, and scientists all over the world are dedicated to studying and mapping cause and effect. Most people feel that the various environmental threats will increase in impact and cause an imbalance in ecosystems and in the atmosphere. However, many are waiting for governments and international organizations to solve the issues for us. Watch this video to see an example of how students like yourself can really make a difference in your local environment.
Link to the video How to Make Your School More Sustainable.
How can you make your school more sustainable?