Here are some tasks to the article "Typically American".
- Why are our impressions of America often different from reality?
- What are our first impressions on arrival in America?
- Why shouldn’t we confuse friendliness with friendship in America?
- What characterizes the American “doer”?
- How do Americans measure success?
- In which ways do Americans demonstrate community spirit?
- Americans are said to have a silly side, explain.
- How do Americans demonstrate patriotism?
- Why have 75% of Americans never been outside America?
- Give examples of thinking big in America.
- Which celebrations are mentioned in the text? Can you think of any others?
- What percentage of Americans would prefer living in a different type of community than the one they are in?
- In which way does mobility among Americans have its price?
- What are some of the causes of obesity among Americans?
Sist oppdatert 06.10.2018