Good instructions teach you how to use important equipment in a safe, correct and time-efficient way.
A place of work has hired someone who does not speak Norwegian fluently. Therefore, they need to translate some of their most important routines and instructions into English, and you have been asked to take part in this process. Your task is to:
- CHOOSE an important piece of equipment that you need to know how to use on a daily basis in order to be able to perform well in this particular job.
- WATCH the video “How to use instructions” for help and guidance.
- WRITE a set of instructions that includes the following:
- the name and/or main function of the product
- at least one illustration
- at least five steps of instructions
- clear and precise information
- any difficult terms should be explained
- any extra safety information or warnings of potential danger should be included
Here is an example of a set of instructions teaching employees how to disarm the security alarm.