The History of English in 10 minutes - Chapter 9 (OU)
- When was the first e-mail sent?
- When did the internet come into being?
What did the following words originally mean:
Explain what these abbreviations (commonly called chat acronyms) mean
- LOL (double meanings)
- How have chat acronyms, blogging, poking and chatting changed our way of communicating?
- Should written and spoken English freely adopt chat acronyms etc. from digital communication or not? Give reasons. Is it possible to avoid this?
- How has digital communication affected your relationship to the English language?
Suggested Further Reading
Last revised date 06/15/2018