These tasks are based on the radio play: A Mixed Marriage.
- How did Linda's parents react to the growing attachment between Linda and Graeme? What were the reasons for their attitudes?
- How did Nanny Ripeka try to persuade Linda not to marry a Pakeha?
- Linda and her cousin found a stone with a pattern when they were children. Why did this episode make such a strong impression on Linda? Why did she never tell Graeme about this important experience in her past?
- Linda and Graeme moved to a different town after they were married. What spoilt things for Linda and what did they do to solve it?
- Why did Linda decide to leave their baby with her mother?
- When Linda was nine years old, she and her cousin Toki found a patterned stone. Linda finds it impossible to tell Graeme about this episode. However, she decides to write him a letter. Write the letter.
- Linda was having bad dreams in her new home and she wrote her mother a letter. Write the letter.
- Use information from Te Ara – The Encyclopedia of New Zealand, Virtual Oceania, Britannica online or other sites and books you might find useful to make a visual presentation about Maori culture. You will find pictures in the public domain or with a creative commons licence on, e.g. FlickrCC, Public Domain Pictures and Free Photo Bank. Make sure you refererence your sources correctly.
- The Rotorua Area in the North Island was originally settled by the Maori. Today the city thrives on tourism. Make a brochure or a blogpost presenting the Maori living in Rotorua or Te Rotorua-nui-a-Kahumatamomoe as it is called in Maori. You will find relevant resources on Britannica online and Wikipedia.