Make sure you understand these words and expressions before you continue:
- Make an argument - put forth a line of facts and ideas that support a conclusion
- Make a point - explain something in a clear manner
- Argue over something - like having a quarrel
Watch this video and discuss the following:
- What are they actually discussing? Retell the story in a few sentences.
- Who makes the best argument?
- Is this a gender issue - like something boys would never understand?
- Do girls often stick together when they argue with boys?
- Should he say yes to the movie invitations?
- Do you agree that going to the cinema with her is sending the wrong signals?
- Are girls better at arguing than boys?
- Do girls and boys argue differently?
Sit in pairs. One of you is the boy and the other is one of the girls from the lunch bar. The scenario is the same as seen in the movie clip. Try to convince each other that you are right.
How to Make a Visual PresentationKjernestoff
How to Check - Oral PresentationsTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
How to Make a Good Speech - TipsTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
How to Make a Mini PresentationTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
How to Make an Oral Presentation - VideoTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
How to Be PoliteKjernestoff
How to Get the Message AcrossKjernestoff
How to Get to Know SomeoneKjernestoff
How to Make an Oral PresentationKjernestoff
How to Make Small TalkKjernestoff
How to Stay on Top of an ArgumentKjernestoff
How to Understand Police JargonKjernestoff
How to Use Appropriate LanguageKjernestoff
Working with DilemmasKjernestoff
Perform Like the Best - Obama and Martin Luther KingTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
How to Use English for Work in the UKKjernestoff