Some British families still eat a traditional English breakfast of cereals, bacon and eggs, followed by toast and marmalade. However, many Britons now want a healthier start to the day and put healthier options like wholemeal bread, muesli and skimmed milk on the table.
Study the Picture
- How many food items can you name in English? The plate contains a hash brown. Which one is it?
- Looking at the picture, is there anything that you don’t normally eat?
- Do you have breakfast at all? If so, what do you normally eat?
- How many British families normally have a traditional English breakfast?
- What does the traditional breakfast usually consist of?
- Many Britons prefer healthier foods for breakfast. What do they prefer?
- Find a recipe of a traditional English breakfast and explain to your class mates how you make it and what it consists of.
- What is the main ingredient in hash browns?