This interview will give you an idea of what it is like to work as a beautician in the UK.
Before listening, check that you know the meaning of the following words: facial treatment and extraction.
Listen to the following interview with a beautician in the UK and find out:
- Where she works (type of company - large/small, etc).
- Where about in the UK she works.
- Why she chose this profession.
- What type of tasks she has to do on a typical day at work.
- What personal qualities she suggests are needed by a beautician.
- Does she describe any work processes or services that she provides?
- What she likes best and least about her job.
- How she thinks this line of work will change in the future.
- Where she sees herself in 5 - 10 years' time.
After you have practised, add more dialogue for some of the following situations:
- The client asks what kind of treatment the beauty therapist would recommend.
- The client thinks her facial treatment is a bit pricy.
- The client wants a waxing, but hesitates because she is worried that it is painful.
- The client is very anxious and tense during treatment. The beauty therapist tries to calm her down.