- What does Tobias reveal about Zachary and himself when he meets Barbara some 30 years after Zachary committed suicide?
- Why was Barbara called Sunny?
- How was Zachary looked upon by his fellow high school students?
- How do you explain his infatuation with Sunny at the time?
- Why do you think Zachary committed suicide?
- How does Tobias explain his own behaviour after the suicide of Zachary?
- Why do you think Tobias kept the letter?
- How does life in the late 50s, as portrayed in this radio play, compare with life today? What is different? What is similar?
- Tobias kept the letter that Zachary wrote to him. What do you think Zachary told him? Write the letter.
- You are working for the local newspaper and write the news article headed “Promising Son of Local Doctor Found Dead in His Car.”
- “We grew up in a narrow-minded town”. Write a text.
- Write a text headed “The secret life of….”
Act it Out
You are at a class reunion 30 years from now. What do you remember from those high school days? What has happened to you and to your class mates? Do the teachers show up? What do they remember?
Work in groups and act out the reuninon. You may want to use a camera or an audio recording device.
Checks and BalancesKjernestoff
The US President and the CabinetKjernestoff
American Education - An OverviewKjernestoff
Basics about School Life in the USKjernestoff
Universities and CollegesKjernestoff
High School PromKjernestoff
Life After High SchoolKjernestoff
Easy text: Checks and BalancesTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Barack Obama - Time for ChangeTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Easy text - American EducationTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Easy text - High School PromTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
After School ActivitiesTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Task - US PoliticsKjernestoff
Task - Branches of GovernmentKjernestoff
Task - American EducationKjernestoff
Task - University/College TuitionKjernestoff
Task - High School PromKjernestoff
Task - Decentralized EducationKjernestoff
Task - Basics about School Life in the USKjernestoff
John F. Kennedy - Oral PresentationTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff