The History of English in 10 minutes - Chapter 7 (OU)
- What is a lexicographer?
- Who was one of the first compilers of a dictionary and how many years did it take him to finish it?
- How many entries did it have?
- What was standardised in the dictionaries? Why was that necessary?
- Which modern dictionary is mentioned and when did it first appear?
- How many entries do you think the Oxford English Dictionary has today? Fun Language Facts
- Do you know what the following words mean?
- What makes it necessary to continually revise dictionaries?
Suggested Further Reading
English Around the WorldKjernestoff
English - World Language Number OneKjernestoff
And the Millionth Word is . . .Kjernestoff
The Origins of the English LanguageKjernestoff
English Spreading WorldwideKjernestoff
English in BritainKjernestoff
Why So Much Variety in English?Kjernestoff
Why is English So Popular?TilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Fun Language FactsTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
English-Speaking Countries - TaskKjernestoff
English as a Global Language QuizKjernestoff
Word origin - 2Kjernestoff
Word origin - 1Kjernestoff
Why So Much Variety in English? - TasksKjernestoff
The Norman ConquestTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
The King James BibleTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
The English of ScienceTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
English and EmpireTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Ages of English TimelineTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Det er ikke noe kjernestoff for ekstern læringsressurs.