Many universities in the English-speaking world are known to rank amongst the best in the world.
The fact is that the English-speaking world – in particular the US and the UK, but also Canada and Australia – contains the majority of the top ranking universities in the world (according to most rankings). These countries provide good education, and studying there is an option that should be taken seriously.
Advantages and challenges related to studying abroad
Choosing to study abroad, for instance in the English-speaking world, may be a good investment for the future. Here you can read what NHO has to say about this, NHO - Kompetanse og utdanning.
Make your own list of the advantages and challenges to a student who wants to study abroad and then compare with those below.
- interesting for future employers
- personal growth
- language learning
- learning to know a culture from the inside
- learning to take care of oneself
- finding the proverbial "needle in the haystack" – i.e. which country and which institution should one choose?
- formalities, like admissions procedures, language tests, local authorities, fees...
- financing the studies (scholarships, loans...)
- recognition of diplomas when coming home
- coping with being far from home
However exciting studying abroad may seem, it is necessary to do some preparation and planning in order to get the most out of it. After considering the advantages and challenges, there is the question of what and where to study and then actually applying to the university that one has chosen.
- Why might you want to study abroad?
- What do you see as the greatest barrier to studying abroad?
Studying Abroad - Choosing a Place to StudyKjernestoff
Studying Abroad - ApplicationKjernestoff
Applying For a JobTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Working Abroad - FormalitiesTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Landing a Job AbroadTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
The Job InterviewTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Formal and Informal LanguageTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
How to Write a CVTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
How to Write a Letter to the EditorTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
How to Write a Newspaper ArticleTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
The Road Not Taken, Robert FrostTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Det er ikke noe kjernestoff for kildemateriale.
International Education – Useful ResourcesTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Det er ikke noe kjernestoff for ekstern læringsressurs.