In this interview, Tony talks about the values that are an important part of his life, and that his studies are being done for a purpose.
- Here Tony is photographed with one of Scotland's most controversial buildings in the background. Do you recognise this building? Why is it controversial?
- After listening to the interview you should understand the following terms and be able to use them in their right contexts.
tutor, conventional, placement, charity, feedback, interaction, to empower, community education, marginalised minorities, youth and adult, social change, youth work, access to industry, drug abusers, different pathways in work
- There are a lot of online personality and career tests. In most cases, though, you have to pay to take the test. Here is a link to a free career test. Do the free part of the test, and sum up the results in a short survey. Career Test
Questions to the Test
- Did you find the questions relevant?
- Was it difficult to answer honestly?
- Is there anything that surprised you in the results?
- What was most useful for you?
- Why could tests like these be helpful for people when choosing a career/education?
- What is your inner motivation for choosing a career?
- Have you made up your mind already, or do you need some more counseling before choosing? If yes, what kind of counseling would you prefer?
- Tony has chosen a career based on idealism. Would you do the same? Give reasons for your choice.
Make writing assignments in your class about choices of education and careers. Collect all the suggestions and vote for the three most interesting assignments. Write one of these.
Studying Abroad - Choosing a Place to StudyKjernestoff
Studying Abroad - IntroductionKjernestoff
Studying Abroad - ApplicationKjernestoff
Applying For a JobTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Working Abroad - FormalitiesTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Landing a Job AbroadTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
The Job InterviewTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Formal and Informal LanguageTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
How to Write a Letter to the EditorTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
How to Write a Newspaper ArticleTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
The Road Not Taken by Robert FrostTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
International Education – Useful ResourcesTilleggsstoffTilleggsstoff
Det er ikke noe kjernestoff for ekstern læringsressurs.