Pre-viewing discussion: Is population growth a threat to our existence or will we always be able to adapt and provide more food, work and shelter as the number of people increases?
In this video the following issues will be discussed:
- How many people can the world sustain?
- Can man through gene technology create more food to feed a continuously growing population?
- What are the long term consequences of the manipulation of Nature though gene technology?
- What will the estimated world population be in 2050?
- Which factors are mentioned that can keep the population growth down?
- Why is Ethiopia mentioned in the clip?
- What is genetic modification?
- Why is genetic modification under debate?
- What is H5N1 an example of?