Chapter 9 - Internet English
Published: 06.12.2011, Updated: 04.03.2017
The History of English in 10 minutes - Chapter 9 (OU)
- When was the first e-mail sent?
- When did the internet come into being?
- What did the following words originally mean:
- Explain what these abbreviations (commonly called chat acronyms) mean
- LOL (double meanings)
- How have chat acronyms, blogging, poking and chatting changed our way of communicating?
- Should written and spoken English freely adopt chat acronyms etc. from digital communication or not? Give reasons. Is it possible to avoid this?
- How has digital communication affected your relationship to the English language?