What I Love About England - Interview
Pre-listening: Sue, the interviewee, has some strong opinions and generalizes quite a lot. That's her job in this interview. What are your ideas about the English? Write down three words and check after listening to the interview whether Sue has covered the same aspects of English culture.
- What is Sue’s background?
- How does Sue define “British”?
- What does she say about British housing?
- What role does the pub have in Britain?
- “London is not England”. What does she mean by that?
- Why does Sue mention Swansea, Wales and Inverness, Scotland?
- How does she define British identity?
- Why does Sue mention cricket?
- What does she say about the British class system?
- How does the fact that Sue is an “outsider” give her a good background for such an interview?
Nodes which use this node
- English subject curriculum
- evaluate and use suitable listening and speaking strategies adapted for the purpose and the situation
- understand the main content and details of different types of oral texts about general and academic topics related to one’s education programme
- discuss and elaborate on culture and social conditions in several English-speaking countries