How to Make a Film With 3 Scenes
Do you want to direct your own movie? What genre do you prefer – thriller, horror, romance, science fiction, adventure or historical? Do you like action, war, western, comedy or tragedy? It is for you to decide…
and follow the directions given.
- Select background and sky. (Use the arrows to see all the options.)
- Select a plot.
- Select characters. (Use the arrows to see all the options.)
- Write the characters’ lines.
- Select background music and add a new scene. (Repeat step 1 to 5 two times.)
- Select the movie title and its design. Provide the director’s (your) name.
- Preview the movie and make revisions if you like.
- Send it to your e-mail account. You may also choose a recipient to whom you may dedicate your film.
Show the Films and Comment on Them
- Arrange show time in your class, and show the movies you have just directed.
- Discuss which genres and subgenres are represented. Which criteria did you use to settle the matter?
- How are the films organised in scenes? Do you find an introduction, main events and conclusion?
- What is the basic difference between a short story or novel and a movie?
Pick one film and give a brief analysis of
- characters and characterisation
- plot and theme