Conversation with a Foreign Student
You attend a vocational course at an upper secondary school in Norway. A student visiting from a similar school in England would like to know what Norwegian schools are like. What would you answer him/her?
Act out a dialogue in pairs. One of you is a visiting student from England and the other a Norwegian student. Base your dialogue on the instructions below. Remember to shake hands first!
Visitor from England
- Mekaniske yrker - mechanical trades (e.g. welder, industrial mechanic, etc.)
- Kjemisk prosessyrker - chemical processing trades (e.g. process operator)
- Laboratorieassistent - laboratory technician/assistant
- Lærling - apprentice
- Læretid - apprenticeship
- Fagbrev - craft certificate
- Studiekompetanse - university entrance qualifications (A-levels (England))
- Ingeniørutdannelse - engineering course (leads to a degree in engineering)
- TIP - technical and industrial production
- TAF - technical and general subjects
- DH - design, arts and crafts
- Byggfag - building studies