Loch Ness - Still a Mystery?
Published: 14.11.2012, Updated: 03.03.2017
What do you know about Loch Ness and its famous monster?
Read through the comprehension questions before listening to the interview.
- What has been Adrian’s responsibility regarding the public exhibition?
- What does he say about the amount of water in Loch Ness?
- In what ways do they want to promote science at the centre?
- How many witnesses have so far claimed to have observed the monster?
- What was the importance of dragons in medieval art?
- Adrian mentions the word diaspora. What does he mean by that, and what does he say about the consequences?
- Which lake in Norway does he mention?
During this interview Adrian Shine focuses on the importance of science.
Explain the following words in English
- Food chains
- Towards the end of the interview Adrian asks the question “Is it just one big tourist rip-off?”
What is his answer to this question?
- Think through your own personal opinion about this mystery, and discuss your point of view with 2 or 3 of your fellow students
- Look up the home page of the Loch Ness Exhibition Centre and prepare a short presentation of this centre to give to a Norwegian school class travelling to Loch Ness.
- Find out as much as possible about Selma, the monster in the Seljord Lake and prepare a two minute introduction to a school class from Scotland visiting Seljord.