A Railway Accident - tasks
Match the Norwegian and English words.
1. curiosity a. damp
2. excitement b. vogn
3. steam c. forholdsregel
4. experience d. skinnegang
5. carriage e. fare
6. track f. uhell
7. precaution g. nysjerrighet
8. danger h. kunnskap
9. accident i. spenning
10. knowledge j. opplevelse
In the text find opposites of the following words
a) You are one of the passengers on the train and are being interviewed by the police after the accident. Work with a partner and carry out the interview.
b) You are a journalist for The Times and are travelling on the train. Imagine that television has been invented and you are making a report to the newsroom.
a) You were the driver of The Rocket. Write a report for your employer, describing the accident from your point of view.
b) You were a passenger on the train. Describe your experience of the journey from Liverpool to Manchester.
c) Write a newspaper report for The Times. You are a journalist on the train.
Picture of The Rocket http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Stephenson%27s_Rocket_drawing.jpg
Demonstrations of models of The Rocket
1g, 2i, 3a, 4j, 5b, 6d, 7c, 8e, 9f, 10h
indifference - curiosity
confidence - apprehension
irregular - regular
unimportant - important
unknown - famous
unafraid - terrified
permanent - temporary
fortunate - unfortunate
fast - slow gradual - rapid
- English subject curriculum
- introduce, maintain and terminate conversations and discussions about general and academic topics related to one’s education programme
- understand the main content and details of different types of oral texts about general and academic topics related to one’s education programme
- write different types of texts with structure and coherence suited to the purpose and situation