Obesity in the UK
Published: 16.09.2010, Updated: 03.03.2017
First watch the video, then do these tasks:
Which is the right answer.
- Where is the campaign started?
a. Leeds b. Sheffield c.Birmingham
- What is the focus of the campaign?
a. changed eating habits b. gang violence c. eating disorders
- What might prevent obesity from an early age?
a. better education b. more kindergartens c. breastfeeding
- What is the target group?
a. the elderly b. teenagers c. children
- 50% of adults in Sheffield are
a. illiterate b. obese c. drug addicts
- How many children nationwide might be obese?
a. 50% b. 76% c. 66%
- Who are growing their own vegetables outside their classrooms
a. nursery b. primary c. upper secondary school children
Why do you think obesity has become a persistent problem in the industrialised world?
- How do we find a person's BMI (Body Mass Index). Explain by using mathematical terms.
- Why does the World Health Organization (WHO) survey the BMI on a global scale? Check their website to find their explanation.