What's It Gonna Be - Prison or Pardon?
Watch the video below. Then do the discussion tasks.
What's It Gonna Be - Prison or Pardon? Discuss the situations below.
- They are willing to break the law to prevent the installation of oil drilling platforms outside the coast of Finnmark or in Alaska. The Parliament/Storting has voted in favour of building these installations.
- They are willing to burn and throw stones at cars and buildings to prevent leaders of the biggest industrial countries from gathering to discuss the world’s financial affairs.
- They occupy buildings that are not currently in use in urban areas. The owner wants them out, but they refuse to move.
- They hang around in parks, drinking and taking drugs while doing a little shoplifting.
- They rig elections (cheat with election results) to in order to ensure that a certain party comes to power. They just have to because they know they are morally right.
Final discussion: All of us agree that we want an orderly society. How do we achieve a lawful society - by introducing stricter laws and more surveillance, or by reducing the use of prisons and policing?