How to Write a CV
A Curriculum Vitae is a short, structured summary of your background, personal traits, education, work experience, skills and references.
See below for plain text version to copy into you text editor.
- First and Last names
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- British English – date/month/year – 21 June 1991
- American English – month/date/year – June 21st 1991
Norwegian, British, American etc.
Should include schools attended and any awards or honors you have received.
Should include your work history, such as:
- a list of the jobs you have had
- the names of the companies or organizations you worked for
- dates of employment
- any extra positions or volunteer work
Skills may include your skills and abilities related to the position you are applying to, such as:
- computer skills
- people skills
- creative skills
- personal skills
Some companies like a description of your hobbies and interests to get an idea of the type of person you are.
Includes the names and titles of previous employers as well as their contact information.
Suggested Further Activity