Did TV Die in 2004?
Pre-reading discussion: What effects does the Internet have on television and radio?
What is the future of TV? Listen to the first five minutes of a lecture below by Mark Pesce, who suggests that piracy might increase the number of TV viewers rather than reduce it. Afterwards, discuss in groups of two or three what effects the Internet has on television and radio.
Tasks and Activities
- How do you feel about downloading film and music from pirate internet sites?
- How would you feel about internet piracy if your own music or material was shared without your consent?
- Create a two-column table in a text document where you list arguments for and against internet piracy.
- Write a letter to the editor of at least 300 words in which you argue for or against internet piracy. How to Write a Letter to the Editor
- ENGLISH – PROGRAMME SUBJECT IN PROGRAMMES FOR SPECIALIZATION IN GENERAL STUDIES
- English subject curriculum