They Said "No" - Project
Some people have changed the world by standing up for human rights and challenging restrictions on freedom of expression. On our website you will find information about some of the courageous persons that have had an impact on the development of human rights. The means have varied from civil disobedience, political and social activism, blogging, protecting victims, whistleblowing, demonstrations, artistic work to journalism, but the goal has been the same - to fight for what they believe is a better world.
Work on a project based on the accomplishments of one or more of the persons suggested (or do you have favorites of your own?) and/or contrast and compare the ways they have accomplished what they did.
You should be able to elaborate on a topic that is curricular in this Social Studies English course:
- presentere et større fordypningsarbeid med emne fra samfunnsfaglig engelsk og vurdere prosessen
(From the Teaching Plan in Social Studies English)
By choosing a wide approach to your project you should include other competence aims as well.
Check the links provided and look up information on the web. Following the pictures you will find a list of suggested topics.
Find information about the novel Resources about slavery
- Civil disobedience
- Human rights
- Freedom of speech
- The pen as a sword
- Freedom fighters and cultural diversity
- Discussion of this statement: Their greatness is just as much the result of how they won as the fact that they succeeded in achieving their goals
- Compare and contrast accomplishments and the means they used to succeed
- Personal sacrifices it would take to make an impact on society
Nodes which use this node
- ENGLISH – PROGRAMME SUBJECT IN PROGRAMMES FOR SPECIALIZATION IN GENERAL STUDIES