Web Search Strategies
Published: 25.03.2014, Updated: 05.03.2017
Searching the web, some tips for better results.
The video below from Common Craft (2.30min.) will tell you how a web search works and how to get the results you want.
1. Fill in the Missing Words.
2. Search Using Two Different Search Engines, e.g. Google and Bing.
- Search for labrador. Compare:
- the first three alternatives which come up when you write the word in the search box
- then press return and check if the results in the two search engines are the same or different
- Search for a phrase:
- the following phrase without quotation marks: compares picking which Munro story to read to choosing what to eat from an enormous box of chocolates
- the same phrase with quotation marks: "compares picking which Munro story to read to choosing what to eat from an enormous box of chocolates"
- ENGLISH – PROGRAMME SUBJECT IN PROGRAMMES FOR SPECIALIZATION IN GENERAL STUDIES