Driving in Norway
The Norwegian Public Roads Administration has produced a brochure in which Donna Diesel explains about Norwegian driving rules and driving conditions for foreign drivers.
- the reason for the brochure
- who is Donna Diesel
- what is special about driving in Norway
- the 5 things that foreign drivers need to remember
Here is some useful vocabulary. Can you match the English and Norwegian words?
- Below are Donna Diesel's tips for meeting winter road conditions. Look up the words you don't know in our dictionary.
- You are a foreign truck driver who will be driving in Norway and you would like information about what documents and equipment you need. You are going to make a telephone call to the Norwegian Public Roads Administration to find out. Make 5 questions based on Donna Diesel's tips, e.g. What documents do I need? Why do I need ...........
Work in pairs, one is the foreign driver and one is the Norwegian Public Roads' employee. Start the conversation like this:
Driver: Good morning, my name is ........
Employee: Good morning, how can I help you?
|Bring your driving licence|
Bring your passport
Bring your European Health Insurance Card
Bring your commercial driving licence
Bring warm clothing and footwear
Bring food and something hot to drink
Bring along a shovel
Bring along an ice scraper
Alcohol in the braking system
Full tank of fuel
Writing and Spelling